- Instead of using multicasting for BPEL Jgroups; use TCP, see my article.
- Follow Metalinke note 414427.1; add the java option "-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true" in all start/stop option in opmn.xml.
- Set -XX:AppendRatio=3 in the Java startup parameters
This article is a summary of the document you can download that describs in detail how to install and configure an Oracle SOA Suite installation in a clustered environment.
The cluster installation is based on the following components.
- Load balancer
- Server node #1
- Server node #2
The goal is to install the Oracle SOA Suite software in a cluster on a such way that it is easy to configure, maintain and efficient in usage. We will install the following components based on release 10.1.3.4 with the latest patch set:
- Oracle Application Server
- Oracle BPEL Process Manager
- Oracle Enterprise Service Bus
- Oracle Web Services Manager
We will install this software into 2 OC4J containers; oc4j_soa and oc4j_esbdt. This install in line with the stand-alone / non clustered environment. The main difference is the fact that we need an additional oc4j, the ESB Design time instance. While in a non-clustered environment, all components are put into one oc4j instance (oc4j_soa). The reason for this difference is the Oracle ESB implementation for a cluster.
The cluster installation will create the following components on each node.
- One Oracle Home with the complete software tree.
- Oracle BPEL 10.1.3.x
- Oracle ESB 10.1.3.x
- Oracle Services Manager 10.1.3.x
- Oracle SOA Suite Patch 10.1.3.4 (MLR#5)
- One J2EE container for Oracle ESB design time
- One J2EE container for Oracle ESB runtime, BPEL, Web Services Manager
- One Apache http webserver.
- Install Oracle Application Server, Node #1
- Install Oracle Application Server, Node #2
- Cluster Applicative Server
- Installation Oracle BPEL, # node 1
- Installation Oracle BPEL, # node 2
- Cluster BPEL Server
- Installation Oracle ESB, # node 1
- Installation Oracle ESB, # node 2
- Cluster ESB
- Install Oracle Web Services Manager
- Cluster Web Services Manager
- Apply SOA Patches 10.1.3.4
This article and the document could not be created without the following documents.
- Oracle Application Server Installation Guide
- Oracle Enterprise Deployment Guide (10.1.3.3.0)
- Oracle SOA Suite High Availability FAQ
- Oracle Web Services Manager, Installation Guide
- Oracle ESB Multi Tiered Deployment
- Metalink Note: 470267.1: How To Verify ESB Cluster Configuration
- Metalink Note: 455714.1: Recommendations for ESB 10.1.3 Cluster Configuration
- Metalink Note: 728144.1 Installing AIA for Communications on a SOA Cluster